Marketing and Communications Specialist
Access California Services (AccessCal) is a culturally and linguistically sensitive health and human services nonprofit organization that caters to Arab Americans, Muslim Americans, and recent immigrants and refugees by providing community members with social and economic resources, direct services and referrals. We are currently seeking a Marketing and Communications Specialist for our office in Anaheim, CA.
The Marketing & Communications Specialist is responsible for supporting AccessCal strategic goals by developing and implementing campaign strategies, planning, writing copy, executing/automating communications, tracking and reporting results. His/her knowledge of marketing strategy, and exceptional writing and technical skills will be utilized to create and execute marketing and communications initiatives and deliverables including e-blasts, e-newsletters, press releases, media advisories, persuasive letters, etc., to help increase community and prospect engagement and drive corporate and individual giving. This individual serves as the organizational lead for digital communications including the website and social media platforms. He/she will represent the organization at various community events, gatherings and other speaking opportunities.
- Develops and implements marketing strategy to promote organizational programs and services to community members, prospects, and stakeholders. Writes copy, works with designer on layout, proofs work and ensures quality communications are sent out.
- Produces and disseminates all AccessCal electronic communications and maintains email lists to ensure accurate dissemination of marketing campaigns. Coordinates email communications utilizing email marketing platform (Constant Contact), including but not limited to, writing, copy editing, layout, list management, and e-mail distribution.
- Independently coordinates the production and distribution of printed marketing and communication collateral. Collaborates with internal staff, printers, designers, and other vendors to ensure successful production and dissemination of marketing collateral; maintains documentation and ensures fulfillment of web and print advertising; responsible for mailing list fulfillment.
- Writes marketing copy as needed for multiple media channels including Social Media.
- Develops and maintains AccessCal’s key messaging; develops AccessCal communication material including press releases, media advisories, social media content, letters, sponsorship material, boilerplates, elevator pitches, fact sheets, etc.
- Develops and implements AccessCal’s social media strategy (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Flicker, YouTube, blog) and executes plans accordingly. Develops content and posts to various platforms.
- Ensures all sections of the AccessCal website are maintained. Develops and implements review processes and timelines. Implements content updates using WordPress software to post and remove content. Posts marketing collateral, press releases, and other resources to the AccessCal website as needed.
- Identifies and implements plans to draw more traffic to the website.
- Represents AccessCal at various external events; delivers the AccessCal presentation.
- Ensures internal staff is updated with latest marketing strategies, communication initiatives, and events.
- Events & Outreach
- Plans AccessCal fundraising and community events and develops outreach strategies; oversees the implementation of events and outreach efforts; drives annual gala event sponsorship, ticket sales, and silent auction requests.
- Conducts event updates and updates website content.
- Develops and implements marketing campaigns to promote events including digital content strategy and e-related advertising and promotions.
- Develops and manages production of printed and/or digital content including flyers, onsite program book, sponsorship packet, tickets, postcards, invitations, etc.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications
- 5+ years experience in developing and implementing integrated marketing strategies and developing marketing collateral
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to develop and implement effective marketing promotions strategies
- Problem solving skills along with an ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously will be necessary
- Knowledge of AP style
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software including MSWord, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Experience in Constant Contact or similar product
- Knowledge of basic web and graphic concepts such as image resolution, CSS etc. and experience in creating, designing, and posting content to Internet; experience using WordPress; working knowledge of print production process
- Excellent copy-writing, copy-editing, communication and collaboration
- Creative, self-motivated, and take initiative
- Ability to work as a team member and take on new responsibilities as necessary
- Organized and resourceful in critical thinking and problem solving
- Works collaboratively and independently
- Strong knowledge of social media; ability to create, deploy and track effective SM messaging
- Non-profit experience
- Bilingual and bi-cultural
- Strong public speaking skills
- Strong project management skills
- Basic knowledge of Hootesuite or similar product; Photoshop, Adobe Suite/InDesign
AccessCal offers a strong compensation package, which includes medical coverage, 401(k), paid vacation and holidays.
Access California Services (AccessCal) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AccessCal participates in the E-Verify Program.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Nahla Kayali at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please contact Nahla Kayali at (714) 917-0440.