Become a hero and serve your community,
join AccessCal’s AmeriCorps Program!
AccessCal is among a select list of organizations nationwide to hold an AmeriCorps program. We are the only organization nationwide to have an AmeriCorps program dedicated to serving refugees and the underserved communities. Every day at AccessCal, AmeriCorps Members make our communities safer, stronger, healthier, and improve the lives of thousands \of our most vulnerable community members.
Our AmeriCorps members create and expand programs that facilitate and empower thousands of low-income individuals and communities through multiple services. They offer employment services, access to healthcare, tax assistance, an after school program, individual and group counseling, and much more.
AccessCal will be accepting applications in May. Please contact RaniaS@accesscal.org
Our AmeriCorps members:
- Commit to a year-long term of service
- Must serve 1,700 hours full-time
- Receive an annual living allowance of $13, 507
- Earn a Segal Educational Award of $5,700 upon completion of the service year
- U.S. citizen, national or lawful permanent resident
- 18 years or older
- Bi-cultural or bilingual
- One-year commitment to the program
- Must pass criminal history background check
- Please bring a resume to the orientation