ACCESSCAL AT THE 2021 YOUTH SDG SUMMIT
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2021 | 1:00 PM PST | 4:00 PM EST
Access California Services (AccessCal) is delighted to host a panel at the second edition of the Youth Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Summit on Thursday, February 11, 2021, from 1:00 to 2:00 PM PST. The Youth SDG Summit brings together leaders and change-makers, both young and old, from around the world, to mobilize, empower and inspire young people to action. The first edition of this Summit was held during the 75th session of the United Nations General Assembly in September 2020.
We at AccessCal are excited to host a panel titled, “Empowering Refugee Youth to Succeed” at the second edition of the Youth SDG Summit. The goal of our panel is to educate the attendees about the challenges and hardships encountered by a refugee youth in their journey towards professional and academic success, as well as, inspire the participants to take actions towards empowering and enabling refugee youth to succeed.
Our panel comprises of a fantastic range of speakers, who include:
- • Nahla Kayali – Founder & Executive Director – Access California Services
- • Sheikh Yassir Fazaga – Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist | Mental Health Advisor to Access California Services
- • Nada Abubakr – Recipient of the Refugee Students Scholarship Program
- • Gloria Baroi – Recipient of the Refugee Students Scholarship Program
- • Sonali Samarasinghe – Former Minister at the Permanent Mission of Sri Lanka to the United Nations