Become a Hero and Serve your Community
Join AccessCal’s AmeriCorps Program!
AccessCal is among a select list of organizations nationwide to hold an AmeriCorps program. We are the only organization in the State of California to have an AmeriCorps program dedicated to serving refugees and the underserved communities with health and human services. Every day at AccessCal, AmeriCorps Members make our communities safer, stronger, healthier, and improve the lives of thousands of our most vulnerable community members. Our AmeriCorps members create and expand programs that facilitate and empower thousands of low-income individuals and communities through multiple services. They offer employment services, access to healthcare, tax assistance, teach at our after school program, provide individual and group counseling, and much more.
AccessCal is accepting applications now!
Our AmeriCorps members:
- • Commit to a year-long term of service
- • Must serve 1,700 hours
- • Receive an annual living allowance of $15, 942 for 2021-2022
- • Earn a Segal Educational Award of $6,345 upon completion of the service year
- • U.S. citizen, national or lawful permanent resident
- • 18 years or older
- • Bi-cultural or bilingual
- • One-year commitment to the program
- • Must pass criminal history background check
- • Bring a resume to the orientation