Refugee Supportive Services

Our Refugee Supportive Services:
We provide all our programs to people of various refugee, asylum, parolee statuses. Our refugee services have included assistance with employment, housing, and navigating other uncertainties

Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA) Program:
RCA is a cash assistance program for refugees who are not eligible for any other cash aid, such as CalWorks or SSI/SSP, and have resided in the United States for no longer than 12 months.

RCA also includes employment and other social services we offer here to assist refugees in becoming self-sufficient.

RCA is available for up to 12 months from date of admission to the U.S. in qualifying status, date of final grant of asylum or date of certification by the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) as Victim of Trafficking.

Our case managers can also assist you in enrolling for the following programs based on eligibility:

• Medi-Cal

• Covered California

• CalFresh

• YIn-Home Supportive Services (IHSS)

• Disability & Social Security Income (SSI)

Advocacy involves making sure that you know your rights and responsibilities. 

Your case manager will explain your right to an interpreter; educate you about child welfare code 300, and help you become aware of domestic violence laws as well as school laws that may affect you and your family.

AccessCal has partnered with the Southern California Child and Adult Protective Services of the Department of Social Services to eliminate cultural and linguistic misunderstandings, court appearances and to advocate for family reunification and culturally sensitive placement for children removed from their homes due to allegations of child abuse or neglect.