Refugees are individuals who are unable to return to their country of origin because of persecution or well-founded fear of persecution on the account of race, religion, and nationality, membership in a particular social group, political opinion, or displacement due to climate change.
The refugee program offers multiple services:
- • Conducting family self-sufficiency plans/individual employment plans
- • Training in ESL and VESL four days a week
- • Weekly employment workshop training
- • Being the go-to resource center
- • Employment services, job counseling, job search assistance and employment support and retention
- • Case management, home visits and identification of employment and social barriers
- • Family mentoring
- • Low-income program support services
- • Elderly refugee services (non-employment) with ESL training, citizenship training, naturalization application assistance, and referrals for transportation and support services
AccessCal is contracted with the County of Orange Social Services Agency to provide case management and employment services through Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA), a program that offers cash aid to help refugees resettle, learn English and find employment. Our teams deliver culturally and linguistically sensitive services to refugees in order to create a sense of belonging and a safe haven for refugees resettling in Orange County.