Refugees are individuals who are unable to return to their country of origin because of persecution or well-founded fear of persecution on the account of race, religion, and nationality, membership in a particular social group, political opinion, or displacement due to climate change.
Our refugee program offers multiple services:
- • Conducting family self-sufficiency plans/individual employment plans
- • Training in ESL and VESL four days a week
- • Weekly employment workshop training
- • Employment services, job counseling, job search assistance and employment support and retention
- • Case management, home visits and identification of employment and social barriers
- • Family mentoring
- • Low-income program support services
- • Elderly refugee services (non-employment) with ESL training, citizenship training, naturalization application assistance, and referrals for transportation and support services
AccessCal is the go-to resource center for refugees in Orange County. We are contracted with the County of Orange Social Services Agency to provide case management and employment services through Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA), a program that offers cash aid to help refugees resettle, learn English and find employment. Our teams deliver culturally and linguistically sensitive services to refugees in order to create a sense of belonging and a safe haven for refugees resettling in Orange County.