ACCESSCAL AT THE 2021 YOUTH SDG SUMMIT
Thursday, February 11, 2021
Access California Services (AccessCal) was delighted to have hosted a panel at the second edition of the Youth Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) Summit. The Youth SDG Summit brings together leaders and change-makers, both young and old, from around the world, to mobilize, empower and inspire young people to action. The first edition of this Summit was held during the 75th session of the United Nations General Assembly in September 2020.
We at AccessCal were excited to host a panel titled, “Empowering Refugee Youth to Succeed” at the second edition of the Youth SDG Summit. The goal of our panel is to educate the attendees about the challenges and hardships encountered by refugee youth in their journey towards professional and academic success, as well as, inspire the participants to take action towards empowering and enabling refugee youth to succeed.
Our panel comprised a fantastic range of speakers, who include:
- • Nahla Kayali – Founder & Executive Director – Access California Services
- • Sheikh Yassir Fazaga – Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist | Mental Health Advisor to Access California Services
- • Nada Abubakr – Recipient of the Refugee Students Scholarship Program
- • Gloria Baroi – Recipient of the Refugee Students Scholarship Program
- • Sonali Samarasinghe – Former Minister at the Permanent Mission of Sri Lanka to the United Nations